Experiential learning

I have always challenged myself to learn. In fact that's an ingredient that keeps my own sanity in place. There are days when there is no learning and just doing. Those are the kind of days I really dislike. For last nine months I have learnt to become a full stack web-developer from having an absolute zero background in software development. In this post, I want to shed some light on the way I learned and how I feel right now. I am especially going to focus on the ways you can learn anything new, maybe this is contextually more related to technology skills, but nonetheless its an interesting insight into how some of us manage to learn new things with 'ease' and some keep going through perennial struggle and mostly just give up.

Just Do It

Yeah, that's right. The best way to teach yourself something completely new and complicated is to just observe how it translates into reality. When we are talking about technology there is no better way to learn systems and frameworks than to just roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty. If you have a problem fine try to implement it to the problem, if no, just follow the problem the tutorial highlights. There is an organic aspect to learning that is very tricky to put into words. Once you get something up and running and start playing with it you can feel comfortable browsing the immense volume of theory that may be out there related to that.

Never Ending Reading List

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using cookies with HttpURLConnection

SPARQL

ffmpeg for Google Speech API